(potentialacustico-expresif of the 7 saxophones)
"SAXOLOGY" proposes a complete inventory,
on the seven saxophones, of all the sounds and playing
techniques, notables and reproductibles in their entirety
by one interpreter.
It invents and baptises new playing techniques and
proposes an appropriate notation.
- about fifty envelope modes
- about thirty sound sustaining techniques
- about thirty other playing techniques and "special
It deals with the "whys" and "wherefores"
It reveals the "ins" and "outs"
of instrumental techniques.
It describes their application:
- practical: pitch fields, dynamics, velocity
- aesthetical: acoustic and expressive behaviour
"SAXOLOGY" also lists vertical and horizontal
In order to clarify the descriptions, a detailed exploration
of the acoustic functioning of the saxophone introduces
"SAXOLOGY" lays down the technical foundations
for a New/Complete / Authentic Virtuosity
"SAXOLOGY" introduces a new musical discipline: